You Are Important Too!
The four words that have changed your life forever, “I think I’m pregnant.” The thought of becoming a first-time father or adding to your family may bring a lot of emotions for both of you. That’s okay. You’ve got this.
First Things First
The first thing you need to do is confirm the pregnancy. We offer medical-grade pregnancy tests and limited ultrasounds at no cost to you. This will verify her pregnancy, determine if it is a viable and healthy pregnancy, and give an approximate due date. In addition, we’ll sit down with you to review the options available.
We’re here to help both of you get as much information as possible to make a well-informed decision.
Additional Services Offered To You At No Cost
Charis offers free and confidential mentoring services for men:
- Speak one-on-one with another man you can trust
- Receive information about abortion to make an informed decision
- Get help transitioning into fatherhood and knowing what it means to be a father
- Attend classes with the expectant mother. For each class you complete, you will receive Baby Bucks! You can save those Baby Bucks and shop in our Baby Boutique for clothes, car seats, diapers, cribs, or anything else you may need for your baby.
Whether in the home with the kids or not, we offer lay counseling at no cost. Men are encouraged to come to all medical appointments as well.
Some Quick Advice That May Benefit You:
- Stay calm. It’s normal to be scared and unsure. Try not to overreact at this point because it will only add more stress.
- Listen. She’s scared and unsure of what the future holds too. Spend time just listening to her.
- Talk about it. Not only with each other but with parents and others you trust. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
- Gather all the facts. Get all the information so you can make the best decision for both of you
Any fears or concerns you have about the pregnancy and becoming a father are completely normal. We’re here to help you. You’re not in this alone. We have a 24-hour hotline (580)786-6000. Call us to make an appointment by yourself or with your partner.